Friday, May 6, 2011

Lockdown Report

So I watched TNA Lockdown PPV just a little while ago and I thought I should post my thoughts. Just incase anyone actually cares lol. 

First of all, I'm not gonna waste time talking about the random shitty matches at the start. The only thing that made them worth watching is the fact that every match was held inside a steel cage, so that part was cool. But most of the wrestlers involved arent really worth mentioning lol. 

I will mention how cool it was seeing Scott Steiner kicking everyone's ass in that match tho haha. He was always one of my favourites and I may be a little biased but I think he's still got it. Tho I am confused, I heard rumours that they were gonna bring back the Main Event Mafia, which I really liked, but then Kevin Nash and Booker T returned to the WWE instead. I almost think WWE did that on purpose just to stop TNA cus Booker T has only been anouncing on Smackdown since the Rumble when he returned and I've yet to see Diesel since. 

Everyone said Sting was offered a spot to and was supposed to fight Undertaker and Wrestlemania, which has been my dream match up that I've always wanted to see since I was a kid, but Sting turned it down. So I guess Steiner also turned down any offers from WWE or maybe for some reason he was the only Mafia member they didnt make an offer to??

As for the X Division, typically great matches, and this one was no exception, but a few of the guys I could have just done without. I say drop the stupid Suicide gimmick already. Everyone knows it was Christopher Daniels and now that other guys are doing it I think its just lame. Robbie E sucks and I think Generation Me is a great tag team and should not be split up.  Same goes for The Motor City Machine Guns, but I know Shelly was injured (tho just as he made his return on last week's Impact Sabin looked like he blew out his knee). So I guess that just leaves in my mind Lethal (who has been over-used, and now fired apparently), Amazing Red (who's supposed brother Crimson seems to be getting a much bigger push than him now) and Kendrick, who I feel is one of the most wasted and underused talent in the company. So my vote would be for Kendrick to have won and become the new X Division Champion, but that was not the case. Max Buck won and I guess gets a title shot against Kazarian?

Next, and I wont waste much time on this one as they didn't waste much time putting on a match lmao, I think the whole thing lasted about 30 seconds lol. Mickie James beat Madison Rayne to become the new Knockout Champion. I think its about time they gave Mickie the belt, but its too bad she didn't get to have a match first before she won the belt lmao. 

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez seems like a match they should have had like a year ago when they first had a fued. Now its old news and this new Mexico-America thing is kinda shitty I think. I've never been a fan of Hernandez and I think Morgan should be demanding a title shot, tho not a Heavyweight Title shot, but X Division of TV Title. He went from main eventing to being demoted back to his old feud with Hernandez, not that exciting, sorry. 

Samoa Joe and The Pope are two of my favourite TNA wrestlers, but this storyline about Joe and his Green Hornet sidekick video taping and spying on the Pope was stupid. Then this whole new Pope character where he makes people get up and walk from their wheelchairs and makes blind people see is so stupid. I think this is a case of two talented wrestlers who are just being wasted in dumb storylines. To go back to my previous point, if I was running TNA I would just be looking to make someone like Morgan my TV Champion and The Pope my X Division Champion. Instead they want guys like Robbie E and Gunner to be their Champions???

The only Lethal Lockdown match on the show was saved for the main event, which I thought should have either gone to Sting or Kurt Angle. Regardless, it was a decent match, if not just a bit of overkill with the cage and all the weapons and too many wrestlers. It was just chaos. Ric Flair shouldnt be getting his ass kicked at this point in his career.  But it is nice to see Daniels back again, tho I dont think he is a good fit in with Fortune. I think they should stick with just the core four. Also, since when is Bully Ray a main event player? Abyss is not getting used right or enough in my books. This was just a waste for him. He should be the destructive force in Immortal, not Bully Ray. But one of the highlights of the entire show was the return of AJ Styles who is one of the greatest wrestlers in the world today!

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett is clearly the best storyline and rivalry in TNA and this match really delivered. Angle proved he is still one of the best in the business. Tho when he took that bad fall off the top of the cage I thought he landed on his head and broke his neck again for sure! Why the hell would a guy as talented as him, which the neck injuries he's had taking risks and doing stupid moves like that?? But overall it was a great match, and I liked the ending even tho Kurt didn't win. Jarrett was crawling out the door towards Karen, Kurt put on the ankle lock and Karen pepper-sprayed Kurt. Jarrett tried to crawl out again, and again with the ankle lock. Karen passed Jarrett his guitar which he broke over Kurt's head and Kurt still came back and put on the ankle lock yet again. It wasn't until Karen was able to slam the cage door in his face that Kurt finally broke the hold and Jarrett escaped. Overall, a great match!

What should have been the obvious main event was the Title match. Great triple threat between the Champion Sting, and one of the best ever Rob Van Dam, oh and Anderson lol. I almost thought he was turning into the next Stone Cold with his attitude but now it seems annoying and I'm loosing interest in him. I'd rather just see Sting vs RVD. Anyways, this had to be a Hulk Hogan screw job like every title match in TNA. Its getting confusing whos screwing who anymore in TNA lol. But in this case, Hogan passed RVD the usual steel pipe to hit Sting, but RVD threw it back at Hogan and refused. Then Anderson picked it up and hit RVD knocking him out. But then Sting grabbed Anderson from behind and hit him with the Scorpion Death Drop to retain his title yet again. Good match, not as good as Kurt and Jeff, but a decent title match. 


Overall the PPV was good, but not the best and not as good as it could have been. Someone should tell Hogan or who ever really runs TNA that the bad guys don't always have to win, and every match doesn't have to end with a screw job. Sometimes you can have a fair match, without cheating or interference, and sometimes, just sometimes, the right guy can win lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts