Saturday, July 2, 2011

CM Punk Trashes WWE

After Raw went off the air, Michael Cole announced to the crowd in Las Vegas that WWE has suspended CM Punk indefinitely. Of course, this is all a work guys. Obviously they would have cut his mic off way earlier if it was a legit shoot. 

They did a tremendous job with it though. While some people backstage knew it was coming, CM Punk's shoot promo on Monday Night RAW certainly had everyone buzzing. 

When Punk started talking about being "a Paul Heyman guy," and referenced controversial, past WWE names like Brock Lesnar, many wrestlers watching on the monitor were said to be "simply and solidly stunned."


The following commented on CM Punk's Raw promo: 

Mick Foley: 
"I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff." 

Steve Austin: 
"@CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen." 

Taz: 
"Punk did a great job & I always liked him when we were in wwe together and his work! But I must say... There r many of us who were NEVER pushed to the level Punk was & were NEVER allowed to shoot like that, he's lucky he was allowed to do that. But it was very strong & real!! I liked a lot! Good stuff Punk!" 

Maryse: 
"@CMPunk for President of the United-States...." 

MVP: 
"@CMPunk stayed at my house saturday night & we had a very in depth convo. I haven't seen the promo. But I'm sure my friend made me proud! ..."

CM Punk's current storyline was continued at Friday's RAW live event in Sydney, Australia. Ring announcer Tony Chimel announced at the start of the show that Punk was suspended by WWE but had agreed to fulfill his contract and appear at the event. Punk trashed the McMahon family, among others, before his mic was cut off once again. He then lost to Rey Mysterio in the show's opening match. 

WWE officials are hoping CM Punk's RAW promo and storyline will help to generate more PPV buys for their Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts