Sunday, August 7, 2011

Recap: Major Stars Fired

Amazing Red
This was a huge shock to me. I don't know what's going on in the wrestling world all of a sudden. First I heard that TNA fired Amazing Red, which is a shock since they are trying to build up their X Division and he is one of the best X Division wrestlers in the company. This is right after TNA fired Orlando Jordan and Generation Me. I thought Generation Me was going to be the next Hardy Boyz and they were destined to feud with the Motor City Machine Guns for the Tag-Team Championship, but I guess that's never going to happen now. The fastest rising star in TNA now, who is getting the biggest 'push' has been Crimson, who is sad to be Amazing Red's brother, so I assumed there would be a storyline there someday, but I guess that's never gonna happen either.
Chris Masters
Then out of nowhere the WWE went on a tare firing every mid-car wrestler. I think they found out business was down, ratings were down, the company was losing money, or not making as much as before. Thus, cut-backs needed to be made. I guess I can understand a few of their choices: Vladimir Kozlov was supposed to be a huge heel as a Russian powerhouse, but once that failed he became a comic joke with Santino and they were the Tag-Team Champions, but then he seemed to fizzle away. Next was Chris Masters who was originally pushed as a major superstar. Masters was given a main event spot against John Cena in the Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship, was given one of the most elaborate entrances on Raw, and yet he failed. He had the Master-Lock, a submission hold that no one could break, then he suddenly disappeared and returned without the entrance, everyone escaped from the Master-Lock, and he was never pushed again. I guess they just decided to give up on him now as well. The next release was a sad one for me though. I am a huge fan of the Hart Foundation and the Hart Dynasty, so finding out that David Hart Smith was fired is sad because he is the son of the British Bulldog, one of my favorite wrestlers when I was a kid, and the Hart Dynasty was my new favorite Tag-Team. Now Tyson Kidd is being wasted losing to nobodies, and Natalia isn't even the Divas Champion anymore. Its a sad day for the Hart Dynasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts