Sunday, November 27, 2011

Who Will CM Punk Face At Wrestlemania?

"To me, this is the $65,000 question ... or is it $64,000? It's tough to tell with inflation. Anyway, that's the thing, I guess I've finally broken through and now I'm this newly minted main event, top WWE wrestler and everybody is wondering what I'm doing for Wrestlemania. This has been the story of my life. Every year leading up to Wrestlemania, I don't even know if I'm going to be on the show. I remember I had to pitch in order to get me and Rey [Mysterio] for Wrestlemania. It's not like they were coming to me, so I went to Rey, asked him if he knew what he was doing, and came to him with my idea. He loved it, so we ran with it. So every year, I'm sitting here crossing my fingers that I'm in Wrestlemania. Even last year, I was on Wrestlemania because Randy [Orton] needed somebody to wrestle, let's be honest. This is the first year where it really seems like, oh crap, we actually have to do something with Punk at Wrestlemania and it has to be high-caliber, it has to be big.

"So who am I going to wrestle? I don't know. I get a lot of, 'You should wrestle Undertaker.' I would love to. That would kick ass. He is one of my favorite guys to work with. I get a lot of, 'It's going to be you and Jericho,' but you know what, he doesn't work here. Obviously, he could come back between now and then, but who knows."

The rumour I heard a while back was he was gonna face Triple H, but they seemed to have changed that angle, then Triple H got injured by Kevin Nash, so I assume that has been scrapped. I don't think he will face Undertaker because that is a main event all on its own, so why would they combine two main events. CM Punk's match will draw, and so will Undertaker's no matter who either of them face. So I think WWE will keep the three main events separate. (Rock vs Cena, Undertaker vs ?, and CM Punk vs ?).

If that is the case then there are two major openings for Wrestlemania. For Undertaker, I assume Shawn Michaels and Triple H are out. The latest rumour I heard was Brock Lesner. As for CM Punk, Stone Cold has been the hot topic. He is a huge CM Punk fan and says he has one more match left in him and he wants it to be against CM Punk, so I think it should be a done deal. Still, the rumours of a Chris Jericho return at the Royal Rumble wont go away, and they keep insisting it is to set up a match between him and CM Punk for Wrestlemania. So those seem to be the two leading candidates. 
However, that is by no means the end of the list. I would like to see a rematch of Punk and Randy Orton, but that was already done last year. Rey Mysterio should be back by Wrestlemania and he and Punk have a good history together, but again that has been done. There have been so many rumours of returning WWE stars and TNA stars, but the one name that really wont go away is Batista. However, I have not heard any rumours of Batista coming back to face Punk, but rather Batista facing Undertaker if Brock Lesner doesn't work out. So the only real big name that is supposedly in talks of a return to face Punk is surprisingly... Rob Van Dam. This shocked me, I did not think he would ever come back to WWE. But that is the latest rumour. TNA is suddenly giving him a Television Title shot next week, but frankly I think that would be too little too late. He probably came to TNA signed a contract for a couple years, they gave him the Championship, but then they screwed him out of the title and dropped him as far down the card as they possible could. So I wouldn't blame him for looking for other offers, and a Wrestlemania main event for the WWE Championship against the hottest star in the business today would be pretty tempting! Plus who wouldn't want to see that match?

Anyways, that is the latest I've heard/read so far, and its open to interpretation. Worst case senereio I always think is the typical WWE do nothing attitude. Just throw him in there with Alberto Del Rio or Wade Barrett or some other Heel they already have that doesn't deserve it. The top choices there should be Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler. Though Cody is feuding with Randy Orton, and supposedly on Twitter Goldust wants to challenge him (Title vs Career) and I think that would be cool. So that just leaves Dolph. I want something more exciting. I want WWE to open its cheque-book and bring back a couple huge names and put them in those spots! Bring back Lesner to face Undertaker, and bring back Rob Van Dam to face Punk!

So... Who Will CM Punk Face At Wrestlemania?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts