Sunday, February 12, 2012

Another Hulk Hogan Interview

Hulk Hogan
Sports Illustrated
WWE Hall of Fame wrestler and current TNA star, Hulk Hogan, was recently interviewed. During the interview, topics ranged from his ex-wife, the rumors of Hogan being homosexual and why he's still in the wrestling industry.

On whether or not he and his wife, Jennifer McDaniel, want kids: 
"No. We've talked about it and we just want to enjoy each other and have fun and live life. Hey, let me tell you something. Some of these guys out here in L.A -- Brooke is 23, Nick is 21 and these kids need me now more than ever. Believe me." 




On his relationship with his ex-wife, Linda, and how he's handling the divorce: 
"It was four years of insanity. ... We don't talk at all. ...She's still with her boyfriend (Charlie Hill) They're back together and hopefully, they're doing fine. ... I'm happy, you know. Things are good."

On his wife stating in her book that he was gay: "It's tough, because a lot of my friends in normal life, in entertainment and in the wrestling business are gay. It has nothing to do with the quality of person or how nice they are. You know? I've seen how they've been discriminated against. I mean, in the old South, if you said somebody was gay, next thing you knew, they were hung or drug behind a truck. I mean, that whole barbaric mindset, I thought, was gone but just to say something spiteful or hurtful -- I just don't get it.

"I mean, if it were true and I was gay, I'd embrace it and I'd tell you guys about it and I'd celebrate it. But to say something like that [Wendy Williams tells Hogan he doesn't have to defend it.] No, but I mean, I've got kids and the person she talked about also was Brutus Beefcake, who's a friend of mine. He's got a 15-year-old daughter and she's going to high school. So, I don't think people realize how many people it really effects when you lash out and say something that's, number one, not true and it's hateful and discriminates against people."





Hollywood
Hulk Hogan
On Linda stating that he was abusive: 
"If you watched the divorce, there was four years (of divorce proceedings) and everything was thrown at me from fastballs, curve-balls. If I didn't pay the gardener on time, they were trying to put me in jail. If I was going down the same street as Linda's boyfriend, they were saying I was following and chasing him for two hours. Every month, they were trying to put me in jail. But never once did spousal abuse or battery come up. In four years, if you're going through a divorce -- that nasty of a divorce -- it seems like it would come up. The pictures, the 9-1-1 calls, whatever there should have been. There was none of that. Then, all of a sudden, the book comes out and the next thing I know, you know, I hear an interview on Piers Morgan, 'I was like Nicole Brown Simpson and I was beat up.' I was like, oh my God."




On whether he's still in the wrestling business for the joy or the money: 
"It's both. It's no secret, the four or five years I had with the divorce and all the civil lawsuits from the accident and stuff -- it was a test. It was a very, very big test. And, number one, I don't want to retire because -- what would I do? You know, I love the wrestling business and I'm apart of TNA. It's Impact Wrestling on SpikeTV. I get to be creatively involved and I'm trying to stay out of the ring after eight back surgeries. But I'm working because I want to and also, financially, I just want to get secure again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts