Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cena's Brother & The Rock

WWE posted a video with John Cena's brother, Matt, talking about an encounter he had with The Rock in 2000.

"I was working out in Gold's Gym in California," said Matt. "He [John Cena] actually got contracted for a dark match at the Staples Center. I couldn't find any tickets, the place was sold out. And this giant guy with sunglasses walks into the Gold's Gym Shop strutting around -- low and behold, it's the Rock!

"So I asked him if he could help me out in any way, shape or form," Matt continued. "I said, 'my brother's got this tryout match for WWE, it's a big thing for him.' I said, 'I don't know if you could help or not, but I'd like to find a way to go... I just can't find a way to go right now.'

"He [Rock] came back the very next day and said, 'kid, you're all set, you've got tickets. Tell your brother John 'Good luck.'' So The Rock actually got me my tickets to see John wrestle in his first dark match for the WWE."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts