Saturday, March 24, 2012

Kevin Nash vs CM Punk

Kevin Nash revealed for the first time the full story on why his match with C.M. Punk was derailed after Summerslam last year.

"I'll tell you what nobody knows about this entire thing," Nash said. "I never went into it and WWE never went into it because of the privacy issue. What happened was, because of the Wellness Program, because my dad died of a heart attack at 36 years old, they do beyond a thorough physical. Well, my heart and everything else was fine, but I'm on Plavix and Plavix is a blood platelet agulator; they call it a blood thinner. It's not, it stops your platelets from sticking together so you don't get cardiovascular disease and blockages in your arteries and have a heart attack. it's also for stroke. It's very common to take with a statin drug if you have anybody in your heredity who died before 50 let alone having a father who died of a massive coronary at age 36.

"So I was on Plavix. So this comes through. When the doctor sees I'm on Plavix, I can't wrestle. So now I'm supposed to wrestle C.M. Punk. I can't. They won't medically clear me. Triple H has to take my spot. It screws up the entire angle. That's how all that came about. WWE would never - because that's the class of the program - let that come out, but I need to make sure people realize it wasn't Creative's [fault], it was that a 52 year old guy was on Plavix and I had to go off it. I had to be off it for a certain amount of time before I could go back to work. It just so happened that I was finishing the Soderbergh film "Magic Mike" at the time, and I had to go shoot that, so it coincided with me going away for a while. I took the shot with the sledgehammer in Buffalo at Night of Champions and that got me away until I could be clear, and then I came back and we went into the match with Paul [Triple H] and I. At that point, Phil [C.M. Punk] and I sort of missed our opportunity to have that match. That's the true untold story."

He said as a result, the entire storyline was scrambled and rewritten on the fly.

"When my blood work came back and threw such a wrench into everything, it was, 'Oh my God how are we going to get out of it?' We had to drag Paul and then this in it and this in it and that in it. Can he work? Can he not work? Can we still get this match out of him? So that's where the dialogue between Phil and I were getting was changing up until show time. It wasn't because creative was unprepared, it was because I kept shuffling the deck. Oh, we're playing Texas Hold 'em. No, we're playing Indian Poker. (laughs) I kept throwing these things into it and completely throwing wrenches into what they were trying to get done. It got to the point where we got that match out of me and they were just like… I wanted to be on Plavix. Do I need to not be on Plavix and take a risk of having a heart attack and stroke or do I want to work. That's where this whole situation kind of came to. That's what transpired."


He said had the storyline played out as originally conceived, John Laurinaitis would have been revealed as the one who texted him at Summerslam.

"It would have been Johnny [Laurinaitis]. It would have been Johnny trying to end around and me trying to say that Paul had changed because he was a blue blood now and he wasn't Clique. He was in the McMahon threshold. We were going to get a Johnny Ace clique of guys to try to take over control of the company, that's when Vince would have gotten fired, and then we would have been after Paul and try to take control of the company. You know, good storyline."

He also said when he was called about coming in for SummerSlam, he immediately agreed without any negotiations.

"I got a call and they said 'Can you be at SummerSlam and can you stick Punk and let Del Rio grab the strap?' And I went 'yes.' (laughs) I'm not that dumb. Whoa! You're talking about disappearing from the Rumble and coming back. I got that second pop when I showed up at Summerslam and stuck him. People were, like, what the hell. I thought it was excellently booked. It was just screwed up because I was on Plavix."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts