Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin... Update

On whether or not a match between Punk and Steve Austin is likely to happen: 

"Well, I think everyone knows he's stated that if he came back for one more match, there's one guy he would do it with and it's me. It's immensely flattering. It puts me under a tremendous microscope, too. He's also recently said things like I need to up my intensity.

"I think that's just the 'Rattlesnake' trying to poke me and trying to stoke the fire so to speak. I'm going to be here, I'm not going anywhere. So, it's a matter of whether he wants to do it or not.

"I know a lot of planets got to align for it to happen. If it was in Dallas, yeah, that'd be great. He's a Texas redneck. I'm a straight edge city boy. So, I think obviously it's a little oil and water. I think that's why people are fascinated by it. The characters -- they don't mix. Put C.M. Punk and 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin in a room together and both guys come out with black eyes and split lips. On paper, those two guys don't get along.

"I think it has way more potential than Rock and Cena. Sure, they had a little bit of an inflammatory rivalry but we haven't scratched the surface yet of what me and 'Stone Cold' could do.

"Is it possible? I'd say it is. Is it 100% going to happen? I can't say."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts