Sunday, May 8, 2011

Extreme Rules

Extreme Rules 2011

First can I just say that I miss the Backlash PPV, same goes for No Way Out. The WWE seems to be getting ride of its traditional PPVs for more gimmick PPVs such as Extreme Rules, Money In The Bank, Cyber Sunday, Tables Ladders and Chairs, Elimination Chamber, and Hell In The Cell. These all used to be cool matches, but devoting entire PPVs to these concepts kinda takes away the excitement of the matches I think. When a rivalry builds up to a cage match its exciting, but when every March every rivalry has a cage match it just seems lame to me... but that's just my opinion. 

Anyways, just like Wrestlemania, probably the best feud is Orton and Punk, but that is over now I guess since Orton went to Smackdown in the draft. But their Last Man Standing match was good, and the top rope RKO was impressive!

Am I the only one that was disappointed to see Sheamus lose the US Title to Kofi?? It wasn't that impressive of a table match, tho it was kind of ironic to see Sheamus lose a championship in a table match for a change lol. 

I wont waste time talking about the Michael Cole shit, I hate him and I wish WWE would fire him, I don't care if he is doing what WWE tells him to do, its annoying, just get ride of him, enough already! It makes everyone involved look stupid, not that Cole, King, or JR could look any more stupid than they always do, but this whole thing is ruining Jack Swagger who I think has a big future... if they doing ruin it!

Next was the Rey vs Cody match. I like this storyline, and the whole monster character they came up with for Cody, but then again I was and still am a big fan of his "Dashing" character, I thought that whole thing was hilarious, and that virtual mirror entrance was awesome, and a great song too lol. But now he is a more serious heel, which is a good thing for his career I guess and it was nice of Rey to put him over like this. It was a decent match, but I think its kinda lame that he claims his face was destroyed, yet he wears a small clear mask and its obvious his face is still the same lol. Just drop the gimmick and go back to "Dashing" already, esp since Rey just got drafted to Raw. 

I was 100% shocked that Layla won the career ending match against Michelle, who is clearly one of the best women wrestlers around today. I was expecting Michelle to finally get rid of Layla and go back after her Divas Title. But in a shocking turn, Layla won the match and ended Michelle's great career.

Apparently, Michelle has left the WWE to spend more time at home with her husband, the Undertaker, who has also reportedly retired... tho it is rumored he might have one more match at next years Wrestlemania, and then retire officially. 

The real highlight of the woman's match was the debut of Awesome Kong, now known in the WWE as Karma. She came out and just destroyed Michelle with what was known in TNA as the "Implant Buster" if I'm not mistaken lol. 

This lead to the World Championship ladder match between Christian and Alberto. Just as I had expected, Christian won the title thanks to an assist from Edge. But that doesn't mean it wasn't still exciting to see Christian finally win the World Title. I think this is something that was long overdue. I mean Edge won 11 World Titles before he retired last month, and this is only Christian's first lol. It was a good match, Alberto took that one fall onto the ladder outside the ring that was far worse than anything I expected him to take. He is proving himself, but I still don't like him and think he is not main event yet. 

But for the record, I was always a huge Edge & Christian fan as a tag team, and a huge Peep fan all along Christians career. I followed his career in TNA as Christian Cage, and when he returned to WWE I assumed he would main event right away, with Edge and Jericho and other obvious wrestlers... but instead he was hidden away on the ECW show as their champ and I thought they wasted his whole return. Now his return after an injury came right in time for Edge's retirement, and this time WWE was smart enough I feel to use Christian properly for once!

The filler match between main events was the tag team lumberjack match. It was pretty shitty lol. Jackson body-slammed the Big Show yet again, tho that never gets old lol. But Barrett is boring and I hate the Corre and the New Nexus. I thought the original Nexus had potential to be interesting, but they kinda ruined it. I was happy to see them end Cena's career, but of course that storyline lasted about a week lol. 

Last but not least, the main event, WWE Championship, Triple-Threat, Steel Cage Match!!!

I must start by saying I hate Cena lol. So with that being said you can imagine how I felt about him winning yet another WWE Championship. Anyways, I thought Miz actually did pretty good, and Morrison was amazing. Morrison, like always stole the show and carried the match. And like always, failed to win. Not cus he lacks the talent but only because for whatever reason, Vince and the WWE just don't want to put a title around him. I felt sorry for him when they made him take that fall on the cage door, one of the most painful looking crotch falls I've ever seen. (I guess that's what we will call it lol). Also, that one awful fall that the Miz took off the top of the cage: Cena and Morrison double-suplexed the Miz back into the ring, but instead of rolling over to land on his back, it looked like the two wrestlers just dropped the Miz straight down onto the back of his head and neck. I was surprised he wasn't hurt. Maybe he is tougher than I give him credit for lol. The shock of the match was R-Truth who came out and cost Morrison the title. He is clearly a heel now and their is obviously going to be a feud now between him and Morrison. I like R-Truth as a heel, and thought the smoking thing on Raw as hilarious. But I wish he didn't cost Morrison the title. 

Anyways, Cena won and I was not impressed. But it was a good match and hopefully Morrison will get his chance with the title one day soon!

Also, it wasn't shown on the PPV but they showed it the next night on Raw... after Cena won the belt he made the announcement to the crowd that they had caught and killed Osama Bin Laden. The crowd looked shocked, prolly not the way they expected to hear that news haha. 

Overall, good PPV, sorry to see Cena win the title again, but glad to see Christian finally win the title!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts