Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CM Punk vs The Rock

CM Punk did an interview with The New York Daily News today and took a few shots at The Rock.

"You know, the thing about that is, he's not around. He's not around. It doesn't help morale when the guy goes right from his limo to the dressing room to the dressing room to the ring. He's very bourgeois Hollywood," Punk said.

When asked whether he thought The Rock had really "returned" to WWE, Punk said: "He came back, he did WWE Raw after that. He said he was never gonna leave. And the next time we saw him is a month later. Yeah, it does bother me. A little hello would have been nice. He could have run by with his own entourage."

Punk then went on to compare his feelings between The Rock and John Cena, saying "I have my beef with John Cena, and I have my things that I don't like Cena, but you know what? I try to tell him everyday. For The Rock to criticize, come on."

When asked if he thought The Rock was a "Diva", he said: "I can't say that. At least the WWE Divas say hi to me in the halls."

The Rock recently spoke to WWE Magazine and addressed his critics within WWE, or rather, two particular "insecure and jealous" Superstars. They ask the multi-time champion, "Some guys in the locker room aren't too happy with your return. Do you feel you need to earn their respect, or do you feel they need to earn your respect?"

The Great One responds, "Of course, a few guys have been very vocal about their unhappiness with me coming back. It doesn't bother me at all. It just proves that they lack perspective.

"Returning to WWE is an incredible opportunity for me. But much bigger than me, it's an incredible opportunity for the business and, at the end of the day, all we want to do is elevate WWE to new heights never seen before and make the fans happy. For example, when Hulk Hogan returned to WWE, I loved it, because I knew it was going to be incredible for the business. We made history together and made millions and millions of fans happy.

"Always remember that the ones who were vocal and disapproving about me coming back—and we all know who the two are—are the ones who are most insecure and jealous. Maybe one day they'll smarten up and understand the greater perspective."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts